Feet are often forgotten in the daily beauty routine that is followed for the face, neck and hands. As a result, most people have dry, dull and cracked feet. Natural ingredients that are common in most kitchens can be used to make feet soft and supple.
Tip: Clean your feet with warm water to remove dirt and open the skin pores for getting best results.
- Fruit Mask – Make a nourishing fruit mask for your feet to keep them nourished. You can use fruits like Papaya, Banana, Mango and Avocado to make the mask. Choose ripe fruits which can be mashed easily to make your fruit mask. Apply the fruit mask on your feet and leave it on 15 minutes.
- Honey and Milk – Milk is a great natural cleanser as it helps to remove impurities from the skin. Honey moisturises the skin and it soft and supple. Mix in honey and milk to create a nourishing mix which should be gently massaged into the feet. Leave the honey and milk mixture for 10 minutes.
- Vaseline and Coconut Oil – Both Vaseline and coconut oil are known for their moisturising properties. To make your own moisturising cream combine equal parts of Vaseline and coconut oil. Massage this mixture on your feet for 10 minutes and leave it on for another 5 minutes.
- Oatmeal and Honey – A foot scrub made with oatmeal and honey is good for exfoliation. Gently massage this scrub on your feet and leave it on for 5 minutes.
- Sandalwood powder and Rosewater – Mix sandalwood powder and rosewater to make a fine paste. Apply this mixture on your feet and leave it on for 10 minutes. Sandalwood helps to keep the feet moisturised while rosewater works as a cleanser.
- Rice Flour – Rice flour can be mixed with milk or yougurt to make a foot scrub. Turmeric can also be added as it has anti-bacterial properties. Make a smooth paste with rice flour and scrub it into your feet. Leave the scrub to dry and wash it off to get smooth and soft feet.
- Olive Oil – Olive oil is a great natural moisturiser that works well on all types of skin. Massage some olive oil onto your feet and leave it on overnight by wearing socks. Your feet will be soft and smooth in the morning.
- Yogurt and Turmeric – Turmeric has anti-bacterial properties which protect the skin. Yougurt moisturises and cleanses the skin of impurities. Make a fine paste of these two ingredients and massage it into your feet. Leave the mixture on till it dries up for clean, soft feet.
- Aloe Vera – Apply aloe vera gel or leaf extract on your feet to clean and moisturise them. Gently massage the aloe vera into your feet and leave it to dry. This pack will soothe and moisture the feet making them smooth and soft.
- Cucumber, Yogurt and Honey – Grate half a cucumber and mix in some yogurt and honey to make a paste. This pack works as a great moisturiser, cleanser and brightening pack for your feet. Massage this pack into your feet and leave it on for 15 minutes.